Very simply put, I would say my life is summed up in three words; art, growth, and learning. Art is the expression of the imagination, and I believe we are all better by learning how to express our imagination more clearly. Growth is the process of increase in whatever way you want to call it. We are growing positively or negatively, we decide which but growth is constant until we die. Finally, learning, the process of learning has become one that I grow more fond of every day and feel so much satisfaction from. I closely link learning and wisdom, when we are able to understand a thing to the extent that we can use it to benefit our lives and those around us, we are learning. Without the betterment of those things, we are just becoming old encyclopedias.
Why do this?
- I have been wanting a website for me again, it has been a while and I have just been missing it. So as I thought about what I could do with a website, and I decided to post about three things that I am constantly thinking about and acting on in my life. There will be a natural ebb and flow to what I am posting more about as these topics wax and wane depending on how I am feeling. I will keep you in the loop and will most likely have a misc. category to post about some of the random things I get into and thoughts that I have. My hope is this, that I would have a place to log my shenanigans and keep a record of some of the stuff that I make and grow and you would benefit from some of those things as well. Even if there is one thing that you wanted to try yourself and see how I did it or have thought about a topic that I wrote about and you want to hear what I had to say, then it is worth having up.
- Why do this publicly? It keeps me accountable and gives me something to look forward to when I am thinking about the projects or ideas that I want to materialize. This will force me to have a system and I work well with systems.
- Who would want to read this? I am not sure that many will read this, but I know that I would love to have access to something like this.A place that I could feel I am getting to have a conversation with the person writing and getting insight from another human that isn’t trying to persuade me. I will probably have some things for sale at some point, but I can assure you it is not for huge profit but to recoup what I have put in and enable me to do more.
- What is my promise to you? I will give you myself in every post and will not hold back on my thoughts and feelings. This will be raw and at times dark and very emotional and other times very light and fun. It will not be perfect and I a.m sure even with Grammarly I will still have a ton of typos and poor grammar. It doesn’t bother me that much but eating with long sleeves on and you will see me lose my shit, true story.
- Lastly, if you have questions or comments on any posts or topics and ideas that are on here I will always respond and I will always be authentic even when I disagree with you. I will always be respectful and do my best to come from humility and love.
P.S. I have been in graphic design and photography for most of my adult life so that will play a role.